**ATTENTION**: We have extended the deadline for applications until 19 June 2022 – Only for those topics that we have not received applications yet.
As last year ide3a offers interested and qualified students the opportunity to write their Master/Bachelor thesis with a DAAD-funded scholarship for a research stay at a partner university and joint supervision. There is a total of 12 topics students from the involved universities can apply for. Students from TU Berlin can apply for one of our partner universities: NTNU Trondheim (Norway), DCU Dublin (Ireland), or Politecnico di Milano (Italy) while students from the aforementioned universities have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship at TU Berlin.
Students of all subject areas depending on the topic can apply for DAAD-funded scholarships to write their thesis at one of these universities starting from the summer semester 2022. The duration of the stipend for your stay abroad is expected to be three months with the option to extend it, if there are capacities.
What do you gain from this?
• Equipment, knowledge and supervision: The best of both universities!
• Internationalisation of your research profile and international experience
• Support with the administrative procedures
• DAAD-funded scholarship with monthly payments and a lump sum for travel expenses
How do you apply for a scholarship?
- Please read through the provided descriptions of the topics carefully and decide on the topic which appeals to you the most. Please consider that only students of the two involved universities can apply for each topic.
- Prepare the requested documents in one PDF and complete the form accordingly.
- If you are selected you will be informed and receive further instructions within 3 weeks after the deadline. We kindly ask you for your patience.
The documents required for applying are the following. Please upload them in one single Pdf-File at the end of the application form.
• Letter of motivation (maximum 1 page)
• CV (maximum 2 pages)
• Bachelor certificate for Master students and/or current transcript of records
• Letter of recommendation of a professor of your home university is desirable but not required
• Current enrollment certificate
An overview of the offered topics are presented in the following table. Respective links will guide you to the application form which also contains further information:
|Partner universities||Title of the Thesis||Degree Type|
|NTNU + TUB||Linking water demand with sewer networks:
feasibility and applicability
|NTNU + TUB||Decision support for water distribution system
|DCU + TUB||Real-time monitoring, analysis and prediction of
traffic flow anomalies using graph neural net-
works in a cloud based simulation environment