Ide3a offers interested and qualified students the opportunity to write their Bachelor or Master thesis with a DAAD-funded scholarship and joint supervision. Students from TU Berlin can apply for one of our partner universities: NTNU Trondheim (Norway), DCU Dublin (Ireland), CUT Cracow (Poland), or Polytecnico di Milano (Italy). Moreover, students from these universities have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship at TU Berlin.
Students of all subject areas can apply for DAAD-funded scholarships to write their thesis at one of these universities starting from the summer semester 2021. The duration of the stipend for your stay abroad is three months with the option to extend it, if there are capacities.
The deadline for applications is February 28 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, complications may occur in the process of going abroad. In case you cannot enter the country as planned, the supervision of your thesis can still start digitally and scholarships payments will be paid out.
What do you gain from this?
- Equipment, knowledge, and supervision: The best of both universities!
- Internationalisation of your research profile and international experience
- Support with the administrative procedure
- DAAD-scholarship with monthly payments and support for travel expenses
How do you apply for a scholarship?
UPDATE 17.02.2021: Due to a very high number of applications we have decided to modify the application process as follows.
- Applicants do not need to find a supervisor at TU Berlin before the application process is finished. Selected candidates will seek supervision at TU Berlin only after they were confirmed.
- Additionally to the required documents (see below) every student must submit a (max.) 150 words short description containing their study programme, faculty, department, field of study, specific research interest and/or thesis topic which must be linked to the broader topic of critical infrastructure.
- Also name your supervisor at your home university. If you do not have one yet, send us suggestions for possible supervisors at your faculty/department.
- Apply with your institutional email address (university email address). Applications from private email addresses cannot be considered.
The paragraphs 1-4 are additional to the already announced application documents, which are:
- Letter of motivation (including preferred period for stay abroad, proposed supervisor at home university and why you think you are the right person to do this stay abroad, additional information – maximum 1 page)
- CV (maximum 1-2 pages)
- Bachelor certificate and/or current transcript of records
- Assessment letter of a professor of your home university
- Current enrolement certificate