You are a university graduate in Computer Science or specialised in software development, UX design, game development, game design or another similar disciple and looking for a job in Berlin? The ide3a team is looking for a new member in a part-time position for co-design and co-development of ConnectiCity, a multi-layered digital, open source, simulation tool/serious game that enables scenario analysis and simulation of urban critical infrastructure systems under heterogeneous social, technical, and climate scenarios.
ide3a is an international and interdisciplinary project funded by DAAD. In a team that includes 5 research assistants called “ide3a ambassadors”, e-learning experts, researchers work on the topic of “Critical Infrastructure & Digitalisation”. ide3a aims to implement the topic in traditional research-based study programs, combined with gamification mechanisms and short courses, accessible internationally by the ide3a partner universities and supported by digital education platforms and open knowledge tools.
The tasks for this position include (i) creative co-design and implementation of ConnectiCity, (ii) collaborative testing in a learning environment, and (iii) further development based on testing.
The position comprises 80 working hours/month and is paid according to salary grade E13. The contract is of fixed duration until March 31st, 2023. Since we are a very international team, English is the working language. Knowledge of German is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Successfully completed an academic university degree (Diplom, Master or equivlalent) in Computer Science, or specializations in software development, UX design, game development, game design or other relevant disciplines
- Good programming skills in Python or Java
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork skills, proactive behavior, and commitment
- Passion for games/video games/game design
- Very good written and oral language skills in English – at least C1 level
- Preferable: prior experience of working in an international or multi-disciplinary team
- Preferable: prior experience in the development and use of serious games in education
- Preferable: Prior experience in building graphical user interfaces
- Preferable: Prior experience with simulation and co-simulation
- Preferable: good written and oral language skills in German
- Knowledge of critical infrastructures, engineering, urban development is an asset
Link to the job advertisement: more information about the job can be found here.
Application deadline: 1st October, 2021.
How to apply: Please send your application in English with the reference number and the usual documents (cover letter, CV with final grades, certificate of university degree) by email to Prof. Cominola ().